Generic Name: Artificial Tears Eye Drops (ar ti FISH il tears)
Brand Name: Bion Tears, Blink Tears, Clear Eyes All Seasons, Clear Eyes Natural Tears, Dakrina, ...show all 30 brand names.Dwelle, Freshkote, HypoTears, LiquiTears, Moisture Eyes, Murine Tears, NutraTear, Optics Mini Drops, Refresh, Soothe, Soothe Hydration, Soothe XP, Systane, Systane Balance, Systane Contacts, Systane Preservative Free, Systane Ultra, Systane Ultra Home-Away Pack, Systane Ultra PF, Tears Again, Tears Naturale Forte, Tears Naturale II, Tears Pure, Ultra Lubricant Eye Drops, Viva-Drops
Uses of Soothe XP:
- It is used to treat dry eyes.
- It is used to treat eye irritation.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Soothe XP?
- If you have an allergy to Soothe XP (artificial tears eye drops) or any part of Soothe XP (artificial tears eye drops).
- If you are allergic to any drugs like this one, any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what
signs you had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
This medicine may interact with other drugs or health problems.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check
to make sure that it is safe for you to take Soothe XP (artificial tears eye drops) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of
any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Soothe XP?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take Soothe XP (artificial tears eye drops). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Do not take Soothe XP (artificial tears eye drops) by mouth. If Soothe XP (artificial tears eye drops) is put in the mouth or swallowed, call a doctor or poison control center right away.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan on getting pregnant, or are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks
to you and the baby.
How is this medicine (Soothe XP) best taken?
Use Soothe XP (artificial tears eye drops) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- For the eye only.
- Some of these products are not for use if you are wearing contact lenses. Be sure you know if you need to avoid wearing contact lenses
while using this product.
- Do not touch the container tip to the eye, lid, or other skin.
- Put the cap back on after you are done using your dose.
- Wash your hands before and after use.
- Tilt your head back and drop drug into the eye.
- After use, keep your eyes closed. Put pressure on the inside corner of the eye. Do this for 1 to 2 minutes. This keeps the drug in your
- Some of these drugs need to be shaken before use. Be sure you know if this product needs to be shaken before using it.
- Do not use Soothe XP (artificial tears eye drops) if the solution changes color, is cloudy, or has particles. Get a new one.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- If you use Soothe XP (artificial tears eye drops) on a regular basis, use a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not use 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
- Many times Soothe XP (artificial tears eye drops) is used on an as needed basis. Do not use more often than told by the doctor.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your
doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing;
tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue,
- Change in eyesight, eye pain, or very bad eye irritation.
What are some other side effects of Soothe XP?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical
help if you have any side effects that bother you or do not go away.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical
advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was
taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out Soothe XP?
- Store at room temperature.
- Be sure you know how long you can store Soothe XP (artificial tears eye drops) before you need to throw it away.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your
pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Keep a list of all your drugs (prescription, natural products, vitamins, OTC) with you. Give this list to your doctor.
- Talk with the doctor before starting any new drug, including prescription or OTC, natural products, or vitamins.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about Soothe XP (artificial tears eye drops), please talk
with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was
taken, how much, and when it happened.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about Soothe XP (ocular lubricant ophthalmic)
- Side Effects
- 2 Reviews
- Drug class: ophthalmic lubricants and irrigations
- FDA Alerts (6)
Other brands: Systane, Artificial Tears, Refresh Tears, Refresh, ... +43 more
Related treatment guides
Editorial References and Review
Medically reviewed by BestRx Medical Team Last updated on 1/1/2020.
Source: Drugs.com Soothe Xp