PR Benzoyl Peroxide Wash
Generic Name: Benzoyl Peroxide Wash and Cleanser (BEN zoe il peer OKS ide)
Brand Name: Benzac AC Wash, Benzac W Wash, BenzePrO Creamy Wash, Benziq Wash, Benzoyl Peroxide Wash, ...show all 16 brand names.BP Foaming Wash, BP Wash, BPO-10 Wash, BPO-5 Wash, Desquam-X Wash, Effaclor Duo, Neutrogena Clear Pore, PanOxyl Wash, PanOxyl-4 Creamy Wash, PanOxyl-8 Creamy Wash, PR Benzoyl Peroxide Wash
Uses of PR Benzoyl Peroxide Wash:
- It is used to treat pimples (acne).
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take PR Benzoyl Peroxide Wash?
- If you have an allergy to benzoyl peroxide or any other part of PR Benzoyl Peroxide Wash (benzoyl peroxide wash and cleanser).
- If you are allergic to any drugs like this one, any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what
signs you had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
- If you have very sensitive skin.
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with PR Benzoyl Peroxide Wash (benzoyl peroxide wash and cleanser).
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check
to make sure that it is safe for you to take PR Benzoyl Peroxide Wash (benzoyl peroxide wash and cleanser) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of
any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take PR Benzoyl Peroxide Wash?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take PR Benzoyl Peroxide Wash (benzoyl peroxide wash and cleanser). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Certain acne products that contain benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid can rarely cause very bad and sometimes life-threatening allergic
reactions or very bad irritation. Before first use, you may need to follow certain steps to make sure you do not have an allergic reaction. Use
PR Benzoyl Peroxide Wash (benzoyl peroxide wash and cleanser) as you were told by the doctor or read the package label. Talk with the doctor.
- Do not put on irritated skin.
- Do not put on sunburned skin.
- Do not leave PR Benzoyl Peroxide Wash (benzoyl peroxide wash and cleanser) on the skin longer than you have been told by the doctor.
- Use of other skin products while using PR Benzoyl Peroxide Wash (benzoyl peroxide wash and cleanser) may cause more irritation.
- Talk with your doctor before you use other drugs or products on your skin.
- You may get sunburned more easily. Avoid sun, sunlamps, and tanning beds. Use sunscreen and wear clothing and eyewear that protects you
from the sun.
- Use care when putting on. It may bleach hair or colored fabric.
- This medicine may cause harm if swallowed. If PR Benzoyl Peroxide Wash (benzoyl peroxide wash and cleanser) is swallowed, call a doctor or poison control center right away.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan on getting pregnant, or are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks
to you and the baby.
How is this medicine (PR Benzoyl Peroxide Wash) best taken?
Use PR Benzoyl Peroxide Wash (benzoyl peroxide wash and cleanser) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Do not take PR Benzoyl Peroxide Wash (benzoyl peroxide wash and cleanser) by mouth. Use on your skin only. Keep out of your mouth, nose, and eyes (may burn).
- If you get PR Benzoyl Peroxide Wash (benzoyl peroxide wash and cleanser) in any of these areas, rinse well with water.
- Wash your hands before and after use.
- Makeup may be used after the skin has dried.
- If you see PR Benzoyl Peroxide Wash (benzoyl peroxide wash and cleanser) or white marks on your skin after you put it on, you may be using too much.
- It may take several weeks to see the full effects.
- Use as you have been told, even if your signs get better.
- Use PR Benzoyl Peroxide Wash (benzoyl peroxide wash and cleanser) to wash the affected skin. Rinse with warm water, then pat dry.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Put on a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not put on 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your
doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing;
tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue,
What are some other side effects of PR Benzoyl Peroxide Wash?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical
help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Skin irritation.
- Feeling of warmth.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical
advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was
taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out PR Benzoyl Peroxide Wash?
- Store at room temperature. Do not freeze.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Protect from light.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your
pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Keep a list of all your drugs (prescription, natural products, vitamins, OTC) with you. Give this list to your doctor.
- Talk with the doctor before starting any new drug, including prescription or OTC, natural products, or vitamins.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about PR Benzoyl Peroxide Wash (benzoyl peroxide wash and cleanser), please talk
with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was
taken, how much, and when it happened.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
- Can you buy antibiotics over the counter?
More about PR Benzoyl Peroxide Wash (benzoyl peroxide topical)
- Side Effects
During Pregnancy or
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- Drug class: topical acne agents
- FDA Alerts (2)
Other brands: Acne Treatment, PanOxyl, Acne-Clear, Benzac, ... +40 more
Related treatment guides
Editorial References and Review
Medically reviewed by BestRx Medical Team Last updated on 1/1/2020.
Source: Drugs.com Pr Benzoyl Peroxide Wash